The Green Seal is awarded to products that meet the standards of performance, safety and reliability. Because HOST Dry Carpet Cleaner achieved the Green Seal Certification, you can be sure that it will promote a cleaner, healthier environment, cause less toxic pollution, reduce waste and conserve resources and habitats.
What does Green Seal Certified mean?
Green Seal Certification means that a product or service has been tested according to science-based environmental leadership standards, that it works as well or better than others in its class, and that it has been evaluated without bias or conflict of interest. This gives manufacturers the assurance to back up their claims, and purchasers confidence that certified products are better for human health and the environment.
To earn the coveted Green Seal, a product must meet the Green Seal environmental standard for the category as demonstrated by rigorous evaluation, testing and a plant visit.
By identifying, certifying, and promoting environmentally responsible products and services, Green Seal:
- Improves the environment by reducing toxic pollution and waste, conserving resources and habitats, and minimizing global warming and ozone depletion.
- Increases health and well-being, particularly in populations most affected by product choice, such as schoolchildren, service staff, and the elderly.
- Demonstrates to various business segments that environmentally responsible products can improve quality and boost profitability.
More specifically, HOST Dry Carpet Cleaner has been shown by Green Seal to:
- Pass performing testing
- Be nontoxic
- Contain readily biodegradable ingredients
- Have low VOC’s
- Be noncorrosive to skin or eyes
- Be nonsensitizing to skin
- Have responsible packaging
- Contain no optical brighteners
- Contain no ozone-depleting compounds
- Contain no intentionally added carcinogens, reproductive toxins or heavy metals
- Not be combustible
- Not cause eutrophication (eradication of water-based organisms due to the oxygen depletion caused by the decay of over-fertilized plant life such as algae)
- Provide excellent training